Toothbrush Simulation ZM-3.8 & ZM-3.12
Field of application
The device simulates various brushing movements on the surfaces of teeth and test pieces.
Up to a maximum of 8 (12) specimens are simultaneously exposed to abrasion in the tooth brushing machine. The individual specimens may be of various forms and materials (hardness), and may be loaded with various levels of contact pressure. The specimen chambers are separated from each other so that each specimen can be operated with its own liquid (e.g. toothpaste-water mix), and individually cleaned. All the brushes are controlled by a central drive system, and the chosen type of movement is therefore the same for all specimens used in the trial. A high-grade motion controller guarantees exact speeds and trajectories which can be adjusted with a very high degree of precision. The motion sequence (teeth cleaning technique) can be freely selected from a combination of forwards, backwards and circular movements. Complex motion sequences can be easily programmed by means of an optional software module.
- Efficient and time-saving with 8 (12) specimen chambers able to be used simultaneously
- Free choice of cleaning motion combinations in the X and Y axes (only X, only Y, circular and zigzag)
- NEW: The speed of the brushing motion can be adjusted from 1mm/s up to 60mm/ s
- Robust construction giving a high level of stability and reproducibility, and quiet running without intrusive noise levels.
- Contact pressure over a range of weights from 50 g to 300 g
- Contact pressure individually adjustable for each of the specimen chambers
- Any type of brush can be easily attached with screws
- Specimen holders can be cheaply made to individual customer specification
- 8 or 12 specimen chambers
- Specimen chambers can be individually removed and cleaned
- Between 1 and 4,000,000 process stages with an auto-stop function once preset operation reached
- The number of cycles, type of movement and meter reading is adjusted and shown via the PC which is included with (ready-installed) application software
- Contact pressure from 50 g to 300 g per specimen in 50g increments
- Standard motion sequences (teeth cleaning technique): forwards, backwards and zigzag motion, as well as circular motion
- An optional software module allows additional complex motion sequences
- Brush heads fixed with two screws
- Specimen surface up to 20 mm by 20 mm; specimen height up to a maximum of 15 mm
- Standard specimen holders as well as brush holders are included with the device supplied