Measuring system - KM-3
The newly developed force measuring system “KM-3” can be used in all mastication simulators from SD Mechatronik. It allows one- or three-dimensional measurements of the forces occurring during the simulation. A prestressed and accurately calibrated sensor is placed in front of the antagonist. It can be installed in a few easy steps in any sample chamber. Depending on the model, the sensor supplies the contact force of the antagonist, or additionally the force components in x- and y-direction during the lateral movement.
Using the graphical user interface, the measurements can be visualized vividly.
Additionally, the following analysis functions can be performed for each axis:
- Automatic detection of minimum and maximum values
- Zoom function for detailed display of signal ranges
- Integral function for analysis of the energies during the movement
- Filtering function in order to minimize artifacts
- Data storage and export to MS Excel
- Real-time display of all measuring channels for quick appraisal of the force conditions during the simulation
Thereby, the user gets a powerful measuring system for the detailed analysis of the processes occurring during the mastication simulation.